Thursday, January 16, 2014

Marten Luther King Jr: What it takes to be a leader





When it comes to leadership, Martin Luther King Jr was a very strong and wonderful leader when I think about him. His strengths were to motivate people in to nonviolence acts so that, some others were that he was very committed, had a good work ethic, listening, open mind, organization and teamwork skills. He is one of my Ideals and I feel that I share some of the same leadership strangest as him. I have recently been horned the MLK (Martian Luther King) award at my school. I’m not writing this blog to boast about my awards or achievements. But to make people understand that it does not take much to be leader and that anyone and everyone is a leader.
  One strength a leader could have is motivation others and themselves. Having an open mind about others and myself is a big part of my everyday life, it is one of my best leadership strengths. Being committed is one was to succeed in life (that’s what I’ve always been told). I think that if you are committed and put your mind to what you want you will see the outcome. Martin Luther was one of the most committed persons I know that know what he wanted and did what he spoke. Being a good listener, which may not same like a strength but it is, makes you more accessible to good teamwork skills Martin Luther King was a great example of a person with a good work ethic. He made sure that everything he did he worked hard and never gave up. I think that having a strong work ethic and being organized is very important in my everyday life and that having a good work ethic will help me become a better leader.

 I’m not as awesome or big leader as Martian Luther King Jr was but I do think that by being more motivated of what decisions, I’m making and having an open mind about it helps me pick out the pros and cons of the decision so I can pick the best one and eliminate all the others. One of my weakness as a person and I know we all have them is that, I have is over thinking of situations. One way I have use my strengths to help me improve is by having an open mind and organizing my thoughts to help me become more relaxed about the situation so I can have a better outcome.

 I think that any leadership skills will impact anyone future by helping them in my career. The career I want to go into will involve most of my leadership skill. That may not be yours but you can find what strengths and pick which skill you need for you future job. Being organized would also help you to keep things in check and streamline things in the workplace. Having an open mind and teamwork skills will help you achieve my targets and goals for work. Commitment and listening are also good skills for any career. Being motivated will also help you learn to identify problem areas at work and handle them to create an enjoyable atmosphere that's conducive for work.


 I hope you can identify some of your leadership skills and work at the ones you need to improve on. We are all leaders in our own way and it does not take people to know if you are one or not. Just keep an open mind and always be committed to anything and everything and you will get far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment