Saturday, April 19, 2014

Keep Calm and YOLO








 
Every heard of the saying YOLO? Well it’s on that is being said more often than. Like other words that have been accepted in to our culture, YOLO is a saying that means you only live once so do whatever you want on this earth. To me it’s a very rebellious saying so that people can do things without thinking. I don't mind the word but I also don't think that people should use it for wrong reasons.

The definition of YOLO is you only live once. That means that after you die you are not alive right. I think that it is true that you only do live once so why not enjoy your life without making stupid decisions. I think that most people take this YOLO in a different way and not as it should be taken. I think the true meaning of this word it to live your life to the fullest and have fun but not the crazy fun. I know that life goes fast and that most people have a bucket list they want to achieve before they pass. I think was all have plans like that.

Aside for the what people us YOLO as, I think that they are not wrong to use it in that term because most of what of what our culture has told us and influenced us has led us to think that a sang word, means something different. I'm not saying that every word but most words that are used today, like swag are used derogatory. Most of this is cause by the media and they make it so that teens are a huge part of it.

I think that you making words sort and easy to understand like YOLO is a good way to get teens attention and make it easy for them to misrepresent the word so that they can use it. When this happens it’s a way the media makes teens think that every word is used inappropriately, and now with texting, it’s easy to shorten up a word that is inappropriate. This is happening a lot with young teens and adults.
 

            I think that the use of words have played a big role in how young people think and act when they use them. Like for an example, there are words like WTF and OMG, those terms are used a lot and most teen’s parents don’t know the meaning of it. The words that are influencing use are coming from what we do and watch.  

           



No comments:

Post a Comment